Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Last Few Days

Well the past few days went by rather quickly! After a full day out with my sons, we were so tired on Saturday that we went to bed early. I was supposed to go out and I didnt go because I was so drained. Then I was supposed to go to church on Sunday morning and I ended up oversleeping. So that did not work out for me. [God please forgive me] My darling niece Da'Shanti celebrated her first birthday yesterday so on Sunday the family got together to sing happy birthday to her! That was wonderful!

It rained most of yesterday and I worked so hard, that I didnt get a chance to go out to lunch. I was starving! I decided to finally take my new sewing machine out of the box and get started but I must have done something wrong cause my thread bunched up on me. I have to go at it again! I will not give up, I am going to keep trying.

A year ago, I transferred from my old Office to a new Office. Today I celebrated my first anniversary! Yaaaay! I went in and had a meeting with my supervisor about moving forward. Things should be much better and smoother moving forward! I really do hope so. Its just a matter of trust!

Now today is Fox Hill Day! There is going to be a celebration in the Fox Hill Community, in the Bahamas. This was when the slaves in the Fox Hill area found out that they were free. [Everyone else had been free for a week and a day] So, every second Tuesday in August, there is a celebration!

Lastly, i watched tutorials on youtube earlier this evening about beginning to sew. I will write all about that next. My journey as a seamstress!

No comments:

Post a Comment