Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What I've been up to.

So I havent posted anything for just a little over a week and a great deal of thing have occured in my life. Well my local fabric store, Home Fabrics had a 50% off sale all just about all of their fabrics and it was phenomenal! I went there on two occasions and bought fabric as well as a friend bought some more fabric for me. I was so excited about this as I got some really nice pieces. In fact, I went to the fabric store again yesterday when I got off from work but the sale had ended on Saturday. I didnt mind as I only needed a half yard of the jersey fabric in two different shades of pink [dark pink below] and that cost me $6.00 then I also bought two small spools of matching thread which was $1.00; so altogether, I spent $7.00. Not bad and I will have two blouses as a product of this purchase.

                                                        Dark pink jersey with thread

Light green

Orange blend

Purple multi

The other three fabrics shown were purchased by a male friend of mine. He said he liked them for me so he bought them. I was very appreciative of this kind gesture on his part. I will make great use of them.

In other news, I have been busy sewing up a lil frenzy and loving it! On Monday of this week, I wore a salmon sheath dress with no sleeves that I made. Below is what I wore yesterday, made by me!





Rosette proudly made by me!

My co-worker Ms. Cleola Mackey also wore clothing made by her. She made a gorgeous wrap dress with a ruffled neckline to work. I couldnt resist taking her picture and posting it to my blog. She is an amazing seamstress and a great inspiration to me! Below are pics of her in the dress [I will be at that level real soon with her help of course!]

Front view

Ruffled detailing at the neck

Side profile

Back view

I have another dress that I started that I have yet to complete. I need to hurry up with that as I would like to wear that to work sometime next week. I also have three skirts that I was working on and I need to finish them up. My cousin joked at me yesterday saying she knows I wont purchase too much clothing anymore as she knows I will try to make everything I want. For me, sewing gives me a liberating feeling. I feel free! There is so much I want to create and sew but I must take it one day one step at a time until I get to that point!

Ms. Mackey just loaned me a pattern for a jacket! I dont know if I will cut it out tonight but I am up for the challenge. This accomplishment will be a great one for me! Until then...happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment