Friday, September 24, 2010

Floating in a whirlwind

Have your ever had the feeling that you were spinning in many directions and not getting anywhere? That is how I feel most days. I am new to the sewing world and I am very excited about it! I know that I must creep before I walk but sometimes, I want to just get up and run. Reading has always been a hobby of mine and over the years, I have read lots of novels and fashion magazines. I usually keep all of my magazines for reference purposes.

When I open a magazine and see all of the beautiful clothing [simple styles] and I look at the prices, I usually say to myself, "I can make that!" Then I would tell myself that it would cost a lot less to purchase the cloth and sew the garments. This fueled me to stack up so much more magazines and the thing is, fashion is revolving. Pieces that were worn 30 years ago are coming back now! I am getting better and I am paying close attention to details. I guess you can say that I am more confident in my sewing.

I have a co-worker, Ms. C. V. Mackey, she is an amazing seamstress! She choses the most beautiful fabrics and she makes excellent pieces. I always tell her that If I had half the talent that she has, I would make everything! I told her that it is a shame that she purchases clothing knowing that she can make them. Her work is phenomenal! I told her that my mom would have been impressed with her work as she finishes her work neatly. Here is a picture of Ms. Mackey in a suit that she made.


                                                    Ms. Mackey in the red suit she made.

Ms. Mackey did a wonderful job with the suit. The jacket is fully lined. The skirt is a simple straight skirt however, she did not line it as the material is a bit thick. It looks like something that came straight from the rack of a clothing store. It is my aspiration to one day [soon] be just as great!

Now I will go back to all these wonderful ideas floating around in my head. All the lovely designs I would love to see on my body! All the beautiful lush fabrics to choose from! I will now go back to torturing myself with thoughts of sewing items at a level I am not quite at as yet. Such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment