Friday, September 10, 2010

New projects

Well, since I have been on vacation these past few days, I have been working on a few projects. I am on a quest to become an amazing seamstress. I have the passion and the drive for it and a friend commented that I have "Mother's Wits" about sewing. She said it comes naturally to me as I got it from my mom and my grandma.

A very close and dear friend of mine, Norma Ash has been helping me with my sewing. I reached out to her some time ago and she told me whenever I'm ready she will help me. Since I didn't have a sewing machine back then, I didnt bother but now that I do have one, I made the journey to her house for an invasion. She was thrilled to have me and her family were delighted about my excitement. I spent the past two days working with her and as it turns out, I am a visual person so once she explained things to me and with her assistance, I was able to interpret it on the fabric. Under Norma's guidance, I am now able to cut freehand. To me, this is a great accomplishment as many people are unable to do this! Many thanks go out to Norma for her patience and time to assist me. I am eternally grateful to her.

Here is a picture of a top I made with Norma's help. I also made a circle skirt and a sheath dress. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the dress and the skirt however, when I take them, I will post them online!






No comments:

Post a Comment