Thursday, September 23, 2010

Whats been happening...

It has been about a week since I was here last and quite a bit has happened in my life.


Last week was rather difficult for me to function and I had trouble staying focused. I also had a terrible case of “writer’s block.” I took things easy and I am happy to say that I am much better today than I was last week.

It sure is amazing how time flies by rather quickly and for as much as we plan to do things, so many little things envelope our lives that we get side tracked from the things we intended to do. Since I bought my new sewing machine, I told myself that I would sew an item each week. This I have found has been rather difficult for me since school started. I usually get home from the Office around 6pm then I have to check/do homework with my sons then I have to fix dinner then I make sure they bathe and dress for bed then they have to read to me before they go to sleep. We are usually done with all of this around 9pm and I normally go to sleep when they do. I sometimes set out to get some sewing time in when they go to sleep but that doesn’t work for me.
I went on vacation just before school opened and I got a bit of sewing done. Last week, I wore two items that I made. I wore a mint green sheath dress that my dear friend Norma helped me with then I wore on Friday past, a purple pair of linen pants with a belt. I felt so excited to be dressed in something I created! Unfortunately, I was unable to take any pictures as the camera is still down and I haven’t had a chance to purchase another one as yet. I will however, take some pictures using the Nintendo DSi as soon as I charge it fully. I love to read stories but it helps to see pictures as this makes all the difference.
Also, I have had an opportunity to check out other people’s blogs. All that I have encountered so far have been fascinating and awe-inspiring. My creative juices are definitely flowing. I have another sheath dress that I started but I have to insert the zipper and hem it and it will be complete. I will definitely take a picture of myself in that. Also, I have another project that I am working on. I had this lovely pink blouse that I absolutely loved. One day, I got ink on it and I couldn’t get it out! That sucked! So I decided to deconstruct that blouse so that I can reconstruct another like it. I am almost done with that project and I am quite proud of the progress that I’m making.
As a budding seamstress, I think the highlight for me will come when I sew my first jacket. I haven’t done so as yet but I’m nearing that point. Stay tuned as there is lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment