Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 14

Today is the 8th anniversary since my mother's passing. She died as a result of ovarian cancer. She was a wonderful woman, extraordinary and most definately, one of a kind. She loved life and she lived life to the fullest. She was one to care for the sick, the hungry, the needy and the broken hearted. She sacrificed her all so that her family could have. She is irreplacable in every way. I miss her dearly and I love her and I know she is in a better place.

It feels like yesterday that mommy left us. Sometimes I hear her laughter, I see her smile in the sunshine, I feel her embrace on the wind and I know that it is well. My heart gets heavy but God knew best and I know that He would not put more on me that I was able to bear. She never got the opportunity to see my baby as she died before he was born. He is 7 years of age and I am only able to tell him about her and the wonderful memories we shared. My eldest son who is almost 10 had an opportunity to spend time with her and she loved him dearly. He was her pride and joy. He kept her company during the day while everyone was out to work or school. I still have the sweater that she crocheted for him. It is just as beautiful today as it was 10 years ago when she first made it. All the love, time and attention that went into making it for him, she was so proud!

This past Sunday, my sons found a pincushion on my brother's desk. As they are inquisitive children, they wanted to know where it came from. I had an idea but I didnt say anything, I decided to ask my brother. He said it was mommy's own and he was passing it on to me now as I had earned it. To me, this means a great deal as I have now moved to the next level. I know mommy is watching over me and she is guiding me in my new craft. Whenever I make any mistakes in my sewing, I hear her voice in my mind and in my heart telling me to make the corrections. I appreciated her in live and i do the same in death. Mommy, I will always love you, continue to take your rest, we love you but Jesus loves you best!

In loving memory of Teresita Elizabeth Johnson 20 June, 1934 - 14 September, 2002.
May your memory live on in our hearts forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment