Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Latest updates

Well, since my last post, things have happened so fast in my life.

First of all, i put in time to sew a few items. I have sewn shorts for my sons, pants for my nieces and myself. I have definately been on a roll. I love http://www.burdastyle.com/ as they have so many helpful hints and tips for the budding seamstress out there in the world. So any of you our there in sewing land that needs new ideas, patterns or want to view new techniques, this is the site for you. It is helping me a great deal!

Secondly, school opened yesterday for my sons. Yay!! I was so happy as I am presently on vacation and now that they are in school, I get to have some alone time. I spent some time with them last week. We went to the beach and we had lunch. It is great spending time with the little ones you love. They make life so much more meaningful!

During the summer, I had purchased pencil cases for my sons however, in their excitement, they were misplaced. I love doing things different and tapping into my creative side. A few weeks ago, my niece cut a pair of jeans and i turned them into capri pants for her. I kept the scraps as I figured, I could use them for something. Well, the opportunity arose yesterday. In stead of buying more pencil cases, I decided to make them for my sons and they turned out wonderful! I was excited and they were too. I just loving sewing.

Last week, a co-worker of mine sent for me a bag of beautiful fabrics. I have so many wonderful ideas in my head of what I can and will do with them. I was so excited I could not contain myself! She made my day when she blessed me with this gift. So as practice, I went to a local fabric store and bought some inexpensive fabric to practice with. You see, I am still a novice so i dont invest in the expensive fabrics as I would be most upset if I messed up the garment for some reason or the other. So, I buy my fabric on sale and go from there. I just want to make sure I have this thing down to a science!

I will make a special effort to post pictures of the pencil cases and of the fabric. I may have to borrow my cousins' camera as mine has mal-functioned recently. I will keep you updated as I wonder further into this amazing cycle of sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment